- Contract: Full Time
Location: Remote-first, office in London
- Working hours: 37.5 hours with core hours 10am-4pm but will need to be flexible around meetings and events which can occur between 8.30am and 6pm Mon – Friday
- Start date: ASAP – depending on notice period
- Salary: £60-£70K
- Reporting to: Team Lead
Since 2016, Sanctus has been partnering with businesses to provide high quality, 1:1 personal coaching to their employees. Sanctus started as a community which rallied around a simple mission: normalise the conversation around mental health in the workplace and make proactive support more readily available at work.
Over the last five years we’ve built up a community we’re proud of and partnered with hundreds of progressive organisations. Together, we’ve played an important role in shifting outdated narratives around mental health in the workplace, and empowered tens of thousands of people to work on their mental health & wellbeing with a Sanctus Coach.
Our customers are our partners and we’re proud to work with start-ups like The Body Coach, Peakon & Onfido, agencies like Dentsu, Carat & Vayner Media and Global Brands like Red Bull, JustEatTakeAway and the Boston Consulting Group.
We know the impact that Sanctus Coaching has on both individuals and organisations and over the next 5 years our ambition is for 10’000’s more people to have access to Sanctus at work, whilst we continue to champion healthier workplaces and support businesses to move beyond lip service when it comes to prioritising employee wellbeing.
This is where you come in.
- Authenticity: In the way we show up – each of us can be our true self. We celebrate our differences.
- Human-First: We’re kind, loving, compassionate & empathetic. We care.
- Brave: We are courageous, honest and challenge ourselves and others. We are not afraid to make mistakes & learn from them. We stand up for what we believe in and name the elephant in the room.
What you will get to do
Be a pivotal member of a small remote-first cross-functional product team consisting of a Product Manager, Tech Lead, Software Engineers and a Designer, collaborating across the business to further the strategic goals and vision.
Influence the direction of the product and help refine our processes.
Help the team define product OKR’s, based on the company vision, for each quarter.
Own end-to-end story delivery.
Participate in Design Sprints and Product Focus Groups.
Release small changes, early and often.
Aim to foster trust and welcome healthy conflict.
We are an early-stage startup as such not all our process are well defined, expect some rough edges, and the opportunity to make an impact in the wider business.
We are looking for someone who:
- focuses on how their day to day work impacts our customers and their experience of Sanctus
- is open, approachable, and a genuine believer in people
- enjoys working on both the frontend and backend
- cares about writing quality, readable and well structured object orientated code
- advocates for good practices and architecture patterns
- can reason about trade-offs, such as time, quality and scope
- is curious and supportive
- enjoys autonomy and can take ownership, yet asks for help when needed
- can collaborate within the team and across the wider business
- has experience working at a startup
- can enhance our culture, not just fit in
- is comfortable with some uncertainty and ambiguity
- can improve the resiliency and maintainability of our codebase
- cares about testability of the code they write
- genuinely believes in diversity, fairness, and inclusion
Nice to have’s (but not essential)
- Exposure to Domain Driven Design techniques
- Experience with Modular Monoliths
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, there will be plenty of opportunity to learn on the job. If you tick more than half of those boxes, then we’d encourage you to apply
- Ruby/Rails Monolith, increasingly event-driven
- Typescript, Stimulus, a sprinkle of React
- CI/CD pipeline
Diversity & Inclusion:
Diverse teams bring a diversity of thinking, experience and perspective, something we truly value at Sanctus. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, race or religion, we’re striving to create an environment where everyone is treated fairly and anybody can thrive.
While we know we still have work to do on this, we’re working to create and nurture an inclusive working environment. An important part of this is ensuring diversity of applicants to new roles, and you can read more about our approach here: https://sanctus.io/sanctus-update-diversity-inclusion/.
Life at Sanctus:
We’re currently a team of 20 at HQ, alongside 43 contracted Sanctus Coaches and we have an incredible community of partners, made up of some of the most forward-thinking businesses in the world. We work virtually and are in the design process of what a Remote First business may look like. Some of the other benefits we offer:
- Unlimited holidays
- minimum of 25 days
- plus an additional 2 weeks at Christmas
- 1-1 Sanctus Coaching to support your mental health
- 1-1 Financial Coaching
- £500 pa Wellbeing allowance (taxed)
- £500 pa Personal Growth and Development allowance (taxed)
- £100 pcm Home working allowance (taxed)
- Work Macbook Pro
- Timebank of 100 days pa paid volunteering time across the company
- Relaxed approach to working hours and taking appointments in the day etc.
- Culture Club and regular socials
How to Apply
This is a #noCV process.
- Fill in short form (1-2 mins) to make application, we will reply with possible dates for an interview.
- Have a chat (30-45 mins) with Kris and Tom, let’s get to know each other a little and our backgrounds. Discuss what kind of role you are looking for. Ask any questions and can follow up afterwards with further questions.
- A choice of:
- a “take home” test (1-4 hours)
- live pairing session (20-30 mins)
- walk us through code you have written (20-30 mins)
- Competency interview (45 mins)
- A values interview (45 mins) with someone outside the product team. We are looking for someone who adds to our culture, not just fits in.