|Job Title||Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)|
|Reports to||Tech Lead|
|Salary||Commensurate with experience of candidate|
|Location||Remote (home-based) and London HQ|
Sanctus is on a mission to change the perception of mental health. We believe working on your mental health should be as accessible as working on your physical health, and our aspiration is to become the destination brand for everyone to work on their mental health; both businesses and consumers.
We believe product and technology need to play a central role in achieving this whilst, at the same time, ensuring we maintain the softness and humanness that is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our expanding tech team to provide us with the capacity to continue to develop our core coaching product as well as building out our fledgling consumer-facing products.
Sanctus supports thousands of employees in working on their mental health every month through our one-to-one coaching product and is also currently testing a number of exciting new consumer-facing products.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about both technology and user experience, as well as our wider mission.
Our tech team is small and so we’re looking for a developer who is comfortable across the stack and enthused by the idea of getting stuck in and solving problems. We believe code should be clean, robust and maintainable and are looking for a developer who shares those beliefs.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about working in a fast-growing company that is on a mission to change the world for the better. You’ll be joining a small but growing tech team to help us move faster and start delivering on the great ideas our product team have.
- 3+ years experience as a hands-on software developer (or equivalent – please see our Diversity and Inclusion statement below)
- Strong experience with both Ruby and Rails.
- Enjoy working within a TDD environment.
- Experience in using industry best practices to build applications with performance, security and robustness in mind.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and architecting systems with non-trivial data models.
- You’ll need to enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment and thrive as an active part of a collaborative agile product team.
- You must be passionate about writing clean, reusable and maintainable code.
The problem space
Our roadmap is fluid and in part, for you to help shape as part of the product team, however, some of the problem areas you’ll likely be working on include:
- Building new products as we look to expand our product offering in both the B2B and B2C markets. Testing new ideas in a BML environment.
- Dealing with increased scale as we launch various B2C projects involving real-time updates and event-driven data models.
- Rearchitecting the data model to allow for a more flexible booking model whilst still supporting our current core business model.
Our tech stack
- A single Ruby on Rails application with PostgreSQL on the backend and HTML, CSS and JS on the frontend.
- JS is mostly layered on using UJS and Stimulus with a handful of React components where it makes sense as well as increased use of Hotwire.
- The application is hosted on Heroku with CI/CD via Codeship.
- The codebase has extensive test coverage at both the unit and system level.
- We’ve recently launched our own booking system to replace a third-party tool we were using. All major pieces of tech in the estate are now in-house.
Diversity & Inclusion
Diverse teams bring a diversity of thinking, experience and perspective, something we truly value at Sanctus. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, race or religion, we’re striving to create an environment where everyone is treated fairly and anybody can thrive.
While we know we still have work to do on this, we’re working to create and nurture an inclusive working environment. An important part of this is ensuring diversity of applicants to new roles, and you can read more about our approach here: https://sanctus.io/sanctus-update-diversity-inclusion/.
Life at Sanctus:
We’re currently a team of 20 at HQ, alongside 40 contracted Sanctus Coaches and we have an incredible community of partners, made up of some of the most forward-thinking businesses in the world.
Our home is in Shoreditch, London, but we’re working fully virtually due to Covid-19.
We are in the design process of what a Remote First business may look like so are open to applicants from across the UK and Europe with the only commitment needed at the moment to be willing and able to travel to meet and work together, likely for a week a month.
We have a very open and receptive culture towards mental health and you might find us talking about the meaning of life or the use of psychedelics in therapy over lunch.
Some of the other benefits we offer:
- 25 days + 2 weeks compulsory at Christmas
- 1-1 Coaching to support your wellbeing and personal and professional development
- Therapy budget
- A relaxed approach to working hours and taking appointments in the day etc.
- Regular socials that don’t just mean drinking – but we do like to go to the pub too.
How to Apply
Send your CV and covering letter about why you want to apply for the role to email@example.com
Submission deadline: 7th May 2021